Penderi Community Network
What are Community Networks?
Community Networks provide a new way in which GP Practices and a range of health, social care and voluntary sector professionals will work more closely together.
Community Networks will:
- Focus on preventing ill health, enabling people to keep themselves well and independent for as long as possible.
- Develop the range and quality of services that are provided in the community.
- Ensure services provided by a wide range of health and social care professionals in the community are better co-ordinated to local needs.
- Improve communication and information sharing between different health, social care and voluntary sector professionals.
- Facilitate closer working between community based and hospital services, ensuring that patients receive a smooth and safe transition from hospital services to community based services and vice versa.
There are 11 Community Networks across the ABMU Health Board area of
, Neath Port Talbot and Bridgend. The size of the network varies but in general they cover 30,000 to 50,000 local residents. Swansea
The following GP Practices form the "Penderi Community Network"