The major appeal for Cronfa Betsi Fund focuses on the need to develop a network of Children's Centres across North Wales.
We want to develop our services to proactively work to prevent ill health. We can make the greatest influence on children’s health, social and educational development when we focus on this as early as possible
We want to provide children and families with a one stop shop for their community services which promote health and wellbeing.
We will use our centres to develop a wide range of services: midwifery, health visiting, mental health, community nursing, school nursing, disability… the list goes on. We will make them welcoming for parents and children.
We need a centre in every county across North Wales.
We have existing centres in Wrexham, Flintshire and Conwy. We need to make sure that these are fit for purpose.
We need a new centre in Bangor, and because of the rural nature of Gwynedd and Anglesey, we may need satellite links to deliver services across the area effectively. Modern technology has a very important role to play here.
- We will raise the money needed to create and build a new centre in Bangor, along with outreach facilities.
- We will provide funds to make our existing centres in Wrexham, Flintshire and Conwy fit for purpose.
- We will make sure that the planned centre in Denbighshire is funded.
- We will use this as a platform to highlight the needs of children and families in North Wales.
- We will work with partners, those who use our services, the communities we serve, and the businesses within our communities.
Please support this exciting new initiative to help children across North Wales. See the Support Us page for details of how you can help.