Urgent appointments with the GP On-line Survey
The Survey asks how easy it was to obtain an urgent appointment to booking yourself in for a routine appointment with your GP. It also asks Patients' to indicate how long they waited to be seen once they had an appointment. The survey will run for two months and we are urging anyone who has to see their GP to complete the on line survey.
The survey can be found here
Serving the patients in Ceredigion, Carmarthenshire and Pembrokeshire
Hywel Dda Community Health Council is an independent statutory organisation which represents the interests of patients and the public in the National Health Service (NHS) covering Ceredigion, Carmarthenshire and Pembrokeshire. We are YOUR independent voice in your NHS and the services it provides.
What do we do?
Seek views of patients and the public on local services and use that information to plan our visiting, monitoring and public engagement work. We are the link between those that plan and deliver NHS services and those that use the service
- Inspect NHS premises and make recommendation for improvement where necessary
- Scrutinise the NHS and work with service planners and providers to improve the patient experience
How can we help you?
- Help you to find further information
- Help you to deal with other health bodies
- Listen to your comments
- Provide information and guidance on the NHS Complaints Process
- Make enquiries on your behalf
- Act as a Patient's Advocate at meetings with Health Service Managers
Please note that the CHC does not provide medical advice or treatment, if you require medical attention please contact your GP; we are also unable to assist in escalating your appointment on waiting lists.
If you are unable to find what you are looking for on this website, please contact the CHC office on 01646 697610 and a member of staff will be happy to help.