Accessibility on this website is guided by government standards and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG). WCAG guidelines are widely accepted as the international standard for accessibility on the web.
Whilst we aim to make this website accessible to all users and achieve a WCAG conformance level ‘AA’; we continually work with stakeholders to ensure that conformance level ‘A’ is adhered to as a minimum.
If you experience any accessibility issue on this site or have any comment, please contact us.
This site is "speech-enabled" to make it more accessible to varied users. BrowseAloud is a free software with text-to-speech functionality. Web content is read out to users simply by moving the cursor over relevant text.
BrowseAloud will also read out the menus and hyperlinks, helping you navigate the website more easily. Text is highlighted when reading to show users where they are on the page. Download BrowseAloud.
- Control of voice, pitch, pronunciation and speed
- User defined shortcuts to activate and deactivate functionality
- Listen to other Browsealoud enabled websites
- User support
Browsealoud improves web accessibility for the following group of users:
- English as a second language
- Low literacy / reading skills
- Mild visual impairments
Adobe – Read Out Loud
Newer versions of Adobe Reader (version 7 and above) have inbuilt "read out loud" functionality. Portable Document Format (PDF) documents can be read out loud in three short steps:
- Open a PDF document and click on "View"
- Select "Read Out Loud"
- Activate Read Out Loud
Frequently used shortcuts include:
- Shift + Ctrl + Y: Activate Read Out Loud
- Shift + Ctrl + V: Read current page
- Shift + Ctrl + B: Read to end of document
- Shift + Ctrl + C: Pause / Resume reading
- Shift + Ctrl + E: Stop
Adjusting Text Size
- Internet Explorer: Go to "View" on the menu bar > Select text size / zoom
- Firefox: Go to "View" on the menu bar > Select text size / zoom. Alternatively hold down the "Ctrl" button on your keyboard and press the plus (+) key to increase text size. To reduce the latter hold down the "Ctrl" button and press the minus (-) key
- Please note that the above settings may differ depending on the browser version.
You may need to download the following readers / viewers to access different document formats on this site. These can be downloaded free from relevant external websites as indicated below: