On 14 - 15 June 2011 at the Metropole Hotel in Llandrindod Wells, the Board of CHC held its annual conference. The theme of the event Dignity in Care, a pressing issue that has recently received significant media attention and been the subject of numerous reports by healthcare bodies.
The event was attended by approximately 90 CHC staff, members and interested stakeholders. The programme of speakers was again of a high standard and featured contributions from Age Cymru, Older People's Commissioner for Wales, the Royal College of Nursing, the Nursing & Midwifery Council, Consumer Focus Wales, and the Wales Audit Office to name but a few. The second day of the event was opened by Gwenda Thomas AM, the Deputy Minister for Children & Social Services, who took time out of her busy schedule to attend.
The conference was particularly timely considering that Health Boards were required to respond to the Older People's Commissioner on how they would be implementing the recommendations from their report Dignity in Care, published in March. During an interactive breakout session, CHC members were able to discuss how CHCs across Wales would keep track of progress on this issue.
Monty Graham MBE, Chair of Brecknock & Radnor CHC, played an integral part in the OPC review prior to the report's publication and spoke at the event to share his experiences with all.
Please find a summary of the programme and presentations given by all speakers below.
- Board of CHCs Annual Conference 2011 Feedback Report (1 MB) 19/07/2011
- Presentation by Prof. Marcus Longley, University of Glamorgan (2 MB) 17/06/2011
- Presentation by Malcolm Latham, Wales Audit Office (459 KB) 17/06/2011
- Presentation by Monty Graham, Chair of Brecknock & Radnor CHC (345 KB) 17/06/2011
- Presentation by the Older People's Commissioner for Wales (1 MB) 17/06/2011
- Presentation by Maria Battle, Consumer Focus Wales (1 MB) 17/06/2011
- Presentation by Dr Gareth Morgan, NSF for Older People (398 KB) 17/06/2011
- Presentation by Suzanne Wood, GMC (4 MB) 17/06/2011
- Presentation by Public Services Ombudsman for Wales (695 KB) 17/06/2011
- Presentation by Nicola Davis-Job, Royal College of Nursing (3 MB) 17/06/2011
- Presentation by Martine Tune, Nursing & Midwifery Council (595 KB) 17/06/2011
- Presentation by Carol Lamyman-Davies (328 KB) 17/06/2011
- Presentation by Robert Taylor, Age Cymru (377 KB) 17/06/2011
- Conference Programme (35 KB) 17/06/2011