Public Health Wales has published its strategy which sets out the organisation’s aim, purpose, approach, and commitments which is underpinned by priorities for action.
The Public Health Wales Strategy can be downloaded as a document [.pdf, 555KB] or viewed as a webpage.
Public Health Wales publishes an annual report each year which includes the following information:
- Operating and Financial Review
- Annual Governance Statement of the Chief Executive
- Remuneration Report
The reports document Public Health Wales’ significant activities in making Wales healthier, happier and fairer.
An Annual Quality Statement is also produced which aims to provide an open and honest assessment of what Public Health Wales is doing to ensure all its services are meeting the needs of the population of Wales and reaching high standards.
Download / view the latest Public Health Wales Annual Report [.pdf, 1.6MB]
Download / view the latest Annual Quality Statement [.pdf, 39KB]
All previous annual reports are available from the webpage Public Health Wales Annual Reports.
In accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the Act), every public authority is required to adopt and maintain a Publication Scheme.
The Act requires that all public authorities will proactively make information available to the public and recognises that the public have the right to know how services are run, including how much they cost and requires all public authorities to be proactive in making information readily available.
Public Health Wales publication scheme is available here.
All Public Health Wales Board and Committee papers are available here:
- Public Health Wales Board
- Audit Committee
- Quality and Safety Committee
- Information Governance Committee
Publications by Teams
Public Health Wales publishes the majority of its reports, guidance and plans in Groupware Document Databases. Documents stored there can be viewed online or downloaded at your convenience.
Teams are also responsible for publications and these can be found on their websites:
- Congenital Anomaly Register and Information Service (CARIS) website
- Public Health Wales Observatory website
- Welsh Cancer Intelligence and Surveillance Unit (WCISU) website
Health Protection and Microbiology
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Screening Wales website
- Antenatal Screening Wales website
- Bowel Screening Wales website
- Breast Test Wales website
- Cervical Screening Wales website
- Newborn Hearing Screening Wales website
- Newborn Bloodspot Screening Wales website
Public Health Networks
- All Wales HIV Network website
- All Wales Mental Health Promotion Network website
- All Wales Sexual Health Network website
- International Health Coordination Centre (IHCC) website
- Physical Activity and Nutrition Networks Wales website
Freedom of Information
To find out about Freedom of Information or to make an information request, see the Public Health Wales Freedom of Information pages.