We use cookies on this website, and some may have been set already.
If you continue to use the site without changing your settings, we'll assume you agree to this.
Find out more about which cookies we use and why
Hide this message

Public Health Wales website statistics for December 2011 published

Friday, 27 January 2012
Data collected by Google Analytics on how visitors interacted with the Public Health Wales website during December 2011 are now available.
 
From 1-31 December 2011 the English language version of the website recorded  7,153 visits from 4,935 different visitors resulting in  21,870 webpages being viewed. On average, visitors viewed over three pages per visit and spent just over two minutes on the website. Forty-eight per cent of visits originated from Wales with visits from the rest of the UK (predominantly England) accounting for 40 per cent. Visitors from 84 other countries, such as the United States, Canada, India, Australia and Eygpt,  were also recorded as visiting the Public Health Wales website. Visitors from Wales spent longer than average on the website (nearly three minutes) and also viewed more pages per visits (four).
 
Weekly visits to the Public Health Wales website: 01/12/2011-31/12/2011 [blue] and 01/12/2010-31/12/2010 [orange]
user stats GA december 2011
 
For the Welsh language version of the website, 185 visits were recorded from 100 different visitors resulting in 667 webpages being viewed. Visitors spent on average nearly four minutes on the site and viewed about four pages per visit.
 
The top fifteen most visited pages are given in the table below:
 
Rank
Page title (English site)
Page title (Welsh site)
1
Hafan (Home)
2
Search
Chwilio (Search)
3
Newyddion (News Index)
4
Proffiliau Ffordd o Fyw ac Iechyd (Profiles of Lifestyles and Health)
5
Amdanom ni (About us)
6
Canfod gwahaniaethau mawr yn nisgwyliad oes iach yng Nghwm Taf (Differences in healthy life expectancy within Cwm Taf found)
7
Diogelu Mewn Ymarfer Deintyddol (Safeguarding in Dental Practice)
8
Gordewdra (Obesity)
9
Iechyd Cyhoeddus Lleol (Local Public Health)
10
11
Bwyta, gweithgaredd corfforol a gordewdra (Eating, Physical Activity and Obesity)
12
Sut i godi pryder (How to raise a concern)
13
14
DATA a Gwybodaeth am Iechyd (Data and health intelligence)
15
Afiechydon a Chyflyrau (Diseases and conditions)
 
 
Many of the top content pages are navigational pages as would be expected. However, information relating to the on-going Hanson Cement Investigation features twice in the top fifteen for the English language version of the website.
 
The landing page is the page through which a visitor enters the website. The press statement about the Hanson Cement Response Team meeting was the second most popular way in which visitors entered the Public Health Wales website. The data show that many of these visitors came to this page after following a link from either  the HSE website or the BBC news website.
 
 
For the Welsh language version of the website, the homepage was the most recorded landing page at 48 per cent. The remaining 52 per cent of visitors accessed the website via 66 different pages although none of these pages individually accounted for a significant proportion of entries.
 
Our Privacy Policy, a link to which is displayed in the footer of all Public Health Wales webpages, applies to all information collected or submitted on the website of Public Health Wales and to the use of Google Analytics to monitor user activity. Our Privacy Policy can be viewed at: http://www.wales.nhs.uk/sitesplus/888/page/47400
 
 
Share:  Share this page on Twitter  Share this page in Facebook  Save this page in delicious  Digg this page.  Save this page in LinkedIn  Stumble this page.  Save this page in reddit.com