The new Local General Hospital for the Caerphilly Borough - Ysbyty Ystrad Fawr opened in November 2011.
The hospital is located at:
Ysbyty Ystrad Fawr
Services moved from Ty Sirhowy Mental Health Unit,
and Caerphilly and District Miners’ Hospital to Ysbyty Ystrad Fawr. Ystrad Mynach Hospital
Caerphilly District Miners’ Hospital –
Minor Injuries (‘A & E’) have now closed These services are available in the new Local Emergency Centre at Ysbyty Ystrad Fawr.
Caerphilly District Miners’ Hospital and
- Ystrad Mynach Hospital
All In Patients wards have transferred to Ysbyty Ystrad Fawr.
features - New Local General Hospital
- 100% single rooms, all en-suite
- Integrated Mental Health Unit
- Midwifery Led Maternity unit
- Better rehabilitation facilities with access to a full range of therapy services including hydrotherapy pool
- Dedicated Stroke Unit
- 24 hour local emergency centre How does the Local Emergerncy Centre work?
- Wide range of diagnostic services, for example MRI and CT scanning - reducing the need for patients to visit other hospitals for tests
- Children’s outpatient clinic
- Increased number of outpatient clinics
- Increased amount of day surgery, for example cataract surgery
- Community Dental Service
- GP Out-of-Hours Service
- See a virtual tour of the Single Rooms
- Find out how Caerphilly Youth Forum helped to create art work around the new hospital site.
- Community Engagement Forums - Questions and Answers from local residents
- See bulletins on Ysbyty Ystrad Fawr progress since 2006
Aneurin Bevan Health Board's Caerphilly Locality Office and Employee Well Being Service have developed this Digital Story about staff at Caerphilly District Miners' Hospital. The Digital Story includes some history of the hospital and a number of stories relayed by staff and ex-staff at the Hospital.
Find out more about Ysbyty Ystrad Fawr