Singleton Hospital. Sketty Lane. Swansea. SA2 8QA.
The Minor Injury Unit at Singleton Hospital is open between 8am and 8pm daily.
It treats unexpected and urgent minor injuries or illness when you just can’t wait to see your GP.
When the unit is closed please use the Minor Injury Unit at Neath Port Talbot Hospital, Baglan Way. Port Talbot. SA12 7BX.
Alternatively, you can contact NHS Wales Direct Wales on 0845 4647 for advice, or the GP Out of Hours service on 0330 123 9180.
Singleton Minor Injury Unit can deal with conditions like:
- Grazes, wounds and minor burns
- Non-penetrating eye and ear injuries
- Head or face injuries (without loss of consciousness)
- Minor neck injuries (where patient is mobile and has no pins or needles in arms)
- Long-term back or joint problems with no clear history of injury
- Minor illnesses e.g. Earache, sore throat, urinary infection
- Removal of foreign bodies from eye, ear, nose
- Antibiotics, painkillers and anti-inflammatories to treat injuries
- Tetanus shots following injury
- Skin complaints
- Dental and facial pain
- Animal and human bites
Emergency Departments (A&E) are for seriously ill or injured patients. These patients are given priority which means patients who have a minor illness or injury wait longer. Choose the right healthcare service with www.abm.wales.nhs.uk or www.choosewellwales.org.uk
MIU information poster
Please find below an A4 colour information poster about the Minor Injury Unit. You are welcome to print off the poster for your own information, to put up in your local shop or club for others to see, or email on to anyone who might benefit from knowing about the unit.