| || || |
Deeside Community Hospital
Plough Lane, Aston
Matron: Amanda Casey
Tel: +44 (0) 1244 830461
By road: Leave A494 at the Plough Inn, at the roundabout, take the exit for Plough Lane, hospital is on the right hand side. For further directions visit www.streetmap.co.uk
By rail: No rail service.
By bus: Regular daily bus service. For more information go to www.traveline-cymru.info
3.30pm – 4.30pm
6.30pm - 7.30pm
- No Flowers
- No more than two visitors to be at the patient’s bedside at any one time.
- Children should be closely supervised – please check with the Ward Sister or Charge Nurse before taking children onto the ward.
- We strongly advise visitors not to bring young babies into the hospital.
- Visiting is not permitted during lunch and dinner times unless you are assisting a patient to eat. A protected mealtimes policy is in operation. See ward posters for details.
- Relatives and friends may enquire about a patient’s progress by telephoning the hospital.
- To keep calls to a minimum, please ask one member of the family to act as the hospital link and inform the rest of the family.
Alcohol foam has been made available which can be used to clean and disinfect hands. It is available at the entrance to every ward and visitors are encouraged to use it before and after visiting.
To help the hospital to reduce infections:
- Visitors should always use the alcohol gel by the entrance to every ward before and after visiting.
- Visitors should always use chairs and not sit on beds.
- Always wash your hands after visiting the toilet.
The hospital has 62 inpatient beds. The inpatient specialties are Rehabilitation, Care of the Elderly and Medical Consultant beds, ATU ( Assessment and Treatment Unit) Day Hospital Services. Consultant outpatient and community clinics are held and dental and x-ray services provided.
Other services provided include:
- Outpatient and inpatient physiotherapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Ultra-sound services
- Audiology services
- Palliative Care Drop-In Service on Thursdays
- GP Phlebotomy Service: Operates 09:00-12:00 Monday to Friday (excluding Public Holidays). It is by appointment only. Please ring Tel: (01978) 725123 between 9.00-16.00
- NEWDOC Doctors out of hours service, evenings and weekends.
League of Friends Tea Bar open on week days.
Deeside Community Hospital is a one storey modern building located in the residential area of Aston, Deeside situated on the Flintshire Chester border. The hospital was opened in 1992 replacing
. A large extension was added on in 2004, this purpose built unit specialises in rehabilitation of the older person and replaced Flintshire patients beds in Dobshill, Meadowslea and Mancot Hospital which closed in 2004. Trevalyn Hospitals
The Hospital houses two wards,
Ward and Branwen Ward. Gladstone