| || || |
Mold Community Hospital
Matron: Marie Bowler
Tel: +44 (0) 1352 758744
By road: For further directions visit www.streetmap.co.uk
By rail: No rail service
By bus: Regular daily bus service. For more information go to www.traveline-cymru.info
3.30pm – 4.45pm and 6.00pm – 8.00pm
- No more than two visitors to be at the patient’s bedside at any one time.
- Children should be closely supervised – please check with the Ward Sister or Charge Nurse before taking children onto the ward.
- We strongly advise visitors not to bring young babies into the hospital.
- Visiting is not permitted during lunch and dinner times unless you are assisting a patient to eat. A protected mealtimes policy is in operation. See ward posters for details.
- Relatives and friends may enquire about a patient’s progress by telephoning the hospital.
- To keep calls to a minimum, please ask one member of the family to act as the hospital link and inform the rest of the family.
Alcohol foam has been made available which can be used to clean and disinfect hands. It is available at the entrance to every ward and visitors are encouraged to use it before and after visiting.
To help the hospital to reduce infections:
- Visitors should always use the alcohol gel by the entrance to every ward before and after visiting.
- Visitors should always use chairs and not sit on beds.
- Always wash your hands after visiting the toilet.
The Minor Injuries Unit is open between 8.30 am and 6.00 pm, 7 days a week.
Dressing clinic 8.30am-10.30am and 3.30pm-5pm, 7 days a week.
The hospital has 40 inpatient beds. The inpatient specialties are Care of the Elderly and GP Medical beds. Consultant outpatient and community clinics are held and dental and x-ray services provided.
Other services provided include:
- Minor Injuries Unit
- Outpatient and inpatient Physiotherapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Assessment and Treatment Unit
League of Friends Tea Bar, opening hours 10.00am to 12noon and 2.30pm to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.
Mold Community Hospital was opened in 1985 by HRH Princess Anne. The hospital is set within the market town of Mold which has a population of 9500.The hospital has close links with local GP’s and is supported by the League of Friends.