Ysbyty Bryn Beryl
Tel: +44 (0) 1758 701122
By road: Follow the A487 from Caernarfon, at Llanllyfni roundabout, take the 2nd exit on the A499 towards Pwllheli. Bryn Beryl Hospital is located approximately 2.5 miles outside Pwllheli.
By bus: Regular daily services. For more information go to: www.traveline-cymru.info
1.30 pm - 2.30 pm
6.30 pm - 7.30 pm
- No more than two visitors to be at the patient's bedside at any one time
- Children should be closely supervised - please check with the Ward Sister or Charge Nurse before taking children onto the ward
- We strongly advise visitors not to bring small babies into hospital
- Visiting is not permitted over lunch and dinner unless you are assisting a patient to eat. A Protected Mealtimes policy is in operation. See ward posters for details.
- Relatives and friends may enquire about a patient's progress by telephoning the hospital
- To keep calls to a minimum, please ask one member of the family to act as the hospital link and inform the rest of the family
- We will advise close friends and relatives of a patient's general progress unless they specifically request that this information is not shared
Flowers are not accepted on all wards. Please check with the individual wards before sending/bringing in flowers.
Protected Mealtimes is a period over lunch and supper when all activities on the wards stop and nurses will be available to help serve food and give assistance to patients who may need help.
If you are visiting a ward displaying the Protected Mealtime Poster, please respect this. However, if you normally visit at mealtimes to help your relative / friend to eat, we are happy for you to continue to do this.
Alcohol foam has been made available which can be used to clean and disinfect hands. It is available at the entrance to every ward and visitors are encouraged to use it before and after visiting.
To help the hospital to reduce infections:
- Visitors should always use the alcohol gel by the entrance to every ward before and after visiting
- Visitors should always use chairs and not sit on beds
- Always wash your hands after visiting the toilet
Facilities provided at Ysbyty Bryn Beryl include:
- Inpatient care under the supervision of general practitioners, specialist doctors and nurses
- X-Ray Facilities
- Flexible use of inpatient beds
- Outpatient clinics as outreach from acute hospitals for the convenience of patients
- Minor injuries Unit. Open 10.00 am to 6.00 pm, weekdays (October to March); 7 days a week (April to September)
- Community District Nursing Services
- Out of hours service by General Practitioners
- Social Services
- Older People with Memory Problems Service
- Out of Hours Service by GPs
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Intermediate Care
- 24 hour blood pressure / ECG monitoring
Bryn Beryl is situated at a distance of approximately 2.5 miles on the Caernarfon side of Pwllheli on the main A499 road. The building consists of three main sections which are:
The original house upon which the basic cottage hospital was founded in 1924 and was required under the terms of a will to be used as a hospital
- Two ward blocks connected to the main house by corridors built by the Royal Navy during the war
- A prefabricated ward block built by the Welsh Office as a Geriatric Unit in 1974