| || |
Tel: +44 (0) 1248 384384
Walking / Cycling
An idea of how long it will take to get to Ysbyty Gwynedd by foot or bike can be seen on the Ysbyty Gwynedd Active Travel Map.
There is a bike shelter on the service road just around the corner from the Emergency Department (A&E) entrance.
By train: The hospital is located approximately 2 miles from Bangor Station. A range of buses from Bangor city centre operate via the Train Station and onwards to Ysbyty Gwynedd. For information on rail travel information, and bus times from Bangor Rail Station, visit: www.traveline-cymru.info or http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/stations/bng/details.html
By bus: Ysbyty Gwynedd is well served by frequent bus services. Services include direct buses from Holyhead, Menai Bridge, Beaumaris, Llandudno, Bangor, Bethesda, Llanberis, Caernarfon, Porthmadog, Dolgellau and Aberystwyth. Contact Traveline Cymru for more details on 0871 200 22 33 or use their online journey planner at: www.traveline-cymru.info
Leave the A55 at junction 9 and turn left at the end of the sliproad. At the roundabout, take the third exit towards Penrhosgarnedd. At the junction (JLS Garage directly opposite) turn left onto Penrhos Road. Ysbyty Gwynedd is located, approximately half a mile on the right. For information on parking, view the Ysbyty Gwynedd Car Parking Site Map.
1.30 pm - 2.30 pm
6.30 pm - 7.30 pm
Acute Medical Assessment Unit and Emergency Department - open visiting.
Coronary Care Unit - Open Visiting - Unit closed between 1.30 pm and 3.30 pm (patient quiet time)
Minffordd Ward (Children's Ward) - Open visiting for Parents/Carers. Close family as arranged with ward sister.
All other visitors 1 30pm - 2 30pm and 6 30pm - 7 30pm.
Parents/Carers ( 2 people ) on day of planned surgery.
Labour ward - Partners only. No visiting.
Hebog ward and Moelwyn ward - same visiting times but open visiting in Cubicles.
Tryfan Ward - same visiting times but Cubicle visiting at Sister's discretion.
- No more than two visitors to be at the patient's bedside at any one time
- Children should be closely supervised - please check with the Ward Sister or Charge Nurse before taking children onto the ward
- We strongly advise visitors not to bring small babies into hospital
- Visiting is not permitted over lunch and dinner unless you are assisting a patient to eat. A Protected Mealtimes policy is in operation. See ward posters for details
Protected Mealtimes is a period over lunch and supper when all activities on the ward will stop and nurses will be available to help serve food and give assistance to patients who may need help.
If you are visiting a ward displaying the Protected Mealtime poster, please respect this. However, if you normally visit at mealtimes to help your relative/friend to eat, we are happy for you to continue to do this.
- Relatives and friends may enquire about a patient's progress by telephoning the hospital
- To keep calls to a minimum, please ask one member of the family to act as the hospital link and inform the rest of the family
- We will advise close friends and relatives of a patient's general progress unless they specifically request that this information is not shared
|Alaw Unit (Haematology/Oncology)||01248 384945|
|Aran Ward (Endocrine and Diabetics)||01248 384324|
|Beuno Ward (Emergency Dependency Observations Unit)||01248 384112|
|Conwy Ward (Trauma and Orthopaedics)||01248 384313|
|Coronary Care Unit||01248 384335|
|Cybi Ward (Intensive Care Unit)||01248 384244|
|Dewi Ward (Children's Unit)||01248 384134|
|Dulas Ward (General Surgery / Vascular and ENT)||01248 384300|
|Enlli Ward (Orthopaedics)||01248 384229|
|Ffrancon Ward (Gynaecology / Breast Surgery)||01248 384952|
|Glaslyn Ward (Care of the Elderly)||01248 384317|
|Glyder Ward (Cardiology)||01248 384587|
|Gogarth Ward (Admissions)||01248 384333|
|Hebog Ward (Renal)||01248 384338|
|High Dependency Unit (HDU)||01248 384940|
|Llifon Ward (Obstetrics)||01248 384953|
|Minffordd Ward (Children's Unit)||01248 384128|
|Moelwyn Ward (Respiratory)||01248 384340|
|Ogwen Ward (Surgical Emergency Admissions Unit)||01248 384311|
|Prysor Ward (Stroke Care)||01248 384772|
|Special Care Baby Unit (SCBU)||01248 384960|
|Tegid Ward (Urology/Colorectal)||01248 384336|
|Tudno Ward (Same Day Admissions/Day Ward)||01248 384222|
|Tryfan Ward (Gastroenterology)||01248 384322|
Alcohol foam has been made available which can be used to clean and disinfect hands. It is available at the entrance to every ward and visitors are encouraged to use it before and after visiting.
To help the hospital reduce infections:
- Visitors should always use the alcohol foam by the entrance to every ward before and after visiting
- Visitors should always use the chairs and not sit on beds
- Always wash your hands after visiting the toilet
To give patients, visitors and staff the opportunity to view some of our departments prior to their visit, click on the images below for a Virtual Tour of Ysbyty Gwynedd.