Thursday, 14 February 2013
The new opening hours for the minor injuries service across the region are listed below.
For some hospitals opening hours will be extended further once staffing arrangements have been completed.In Llangollen the minor injuries service will transfer from the Community Hospital to the Health Centre during the week commencing the 3rd of March.
The Minor Injuries Service is one of the care options available to people who become ill or suffer an injury: as its name implies it is intended for people who suffer a physical injury such as a cut, insect bite or sprain.
Other care options include:
- For minor illnesses and injuries that don’t need to be seen by a nurse or doctor you can use over-the counter medicines and dressings. If you need healthcare advice you can visit a local pharmacy or contact NHS Direct on 08 45 46 47.
- For more serious illness or persistent pain you should contact your GP for advice and treatment. Outside office hours the GP out of hours service can be called via your normal GP surgery number or by ringing NHS Direct 08 45 46 47.
- If someone is badly injured or very ill then they should be taken to an Accident & Emergency Department or, for genuine emergency cases, call 999 for the ambulance service to arrange an appropriate response.
Minor Injuries Services:
- Ysbyty Penrhos Stanley, Holyhead (8:00am to 8:00pm from 24th March)
- Ysbyty Gwynedd, Bangor (24 hour minor injuries and A&E service)
- Ysbyty Alltwen, Tremadog (8:00am to 8:00pm)
- Dolgellau and Barmouth Hospital (8:00am to 8:00pm)
- Llandudno Hospital (8:00am to 10:00pm)
- Glan Clwyd Hospital, Bodelwyddan (24 hour minor injuries and A&E service)
- Denbigh Infirmary (8:00am to 6:00pm, Monday to Friday)
- Holywell Community Hospital (8:00am to 8:00pm from 17th February)
- Mold Community Hospital (8:30am to 6:00pm)
- Wrexham Maelor Hospital (24 hour minor injuries and A&E service)
Minor Injuries services also available from 10:00am to 6:00pm seven days per week until October (then between October and March the service will run Mondays to Fridays) at:
- Bryn Beryl Hospital, Pwllheli
- Tywyn Hospital