NISCHR is responsible for the development and implementation of policy relating to health and social care research. NISCHR also funds and manages research activity in Wales.
Key functions include:
- Supporting research and development (R&D) in the National Health Service (NHS) through the provider support scheme;
- Funding high quality research projects in health and social care through the Research Funding Scheme;
- Building capacity and an infrastructure for R&D to increase the quality and quantity of research undertaken in Wales;
- Supporting the exploitation of intellectual property in the health and social care sectors;
- Working with academic and service organisations to ensure that research governance is applied appropriately across Wales;
- Working closely with other funders in the UK to ensure that Wales capitalises on the opportunities available for research.
National Institute for Social Care and Health Research (NISCHR)
Tel: 029 20825252
Fax: 029 20823997