The Values of NHS Wales
- Putting quality and safety above all else: providing high value evidence based care for our patients at all times
- Integrating improvement into everyday working and eliminating harm, variation and waste
- Focusing on prevention, health improvement and inequality as key to sustainable development, wellness and wellbeing for future generations of the people of Wales
- Working in true partnerships with partners and organisations and with our staff
- Investing in our staff through training and development, enabling them to influence decisions and providing them with the tools, systems and environment to work safely and effectively
These core values support good governance and help ensure the achievement of the highest possible standards in all that the NHS in Wales does.
All individuals operating within the NHS in Wales are expected to carry out their roles with dedication and a commitment to the NHS and its core values.